Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Life begins....


Tomorrow!

That's the way I'm looking at this. I have chosen to take this challenge, no one has asked me, no one has begged me, it's entirely my choice. I have decided to change my life. I'm sick of being tired, and tired of being sick.

So tomorrow, I am starting the journey of choosing health over sickness, vitality over sluggishness, happiness over depression, joy over sadness and feeling alive over just getting by. I cannot focus on what I have to give up, but on what I have to gain. I cannot feel that I am losing a lifestyle, but that I'm choosing to live.

The world we live in is so afraid of change. We cling to what we know, even when it doesn't serve us and we seem to believe that what we choose is good enough instead of demanding the best. My intention is to change my beliefs over the next 40 days. I am going to embrace the change, rise to the challenge, love the unknown - okay, okay, so I'm talking myself into some of this right now. But isn't that where you have to start, by talking yourself into it and believing you can do it?

So, this is what I'm going to do. In order to help myself embrace these changes, I'm not going to start on day 1 tomorrow. Instead, I'm going to start on day 40 and count backwards, working my way to day 1. It might be psychological, but that way it feels like I'm rolling downhill to a nice big 1st place, rather than climbing a mountain up to 40. It also means that my end will also be my beginning, the last day will be number 1 - the first day of the rest of my life.

Confused? I may be too, but I think I know where I'm going, so hang in there, stick with me and help me to roll down that hill easily and effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment