Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DAY 25... The sun shone brighter


Today. Which is how I like it. After my grey sky day yesterday I woke up ready to tackle the universe. Okay, so maybe 'tackle' is a strong word, let's face it if my sparring partner is the universe, we know who has the leverage to win, and I'm not that stupid. If I'm going to take someone on, I have to at least have half a chance of winning.

Nevertheless, I looked the universe in the eyes and said 'you will not beat me, I will win this' or something to that effect. I might have hung my head a little and mumbled as I said that, just in case the universe decided on a quick retribution.

Then I went out for my morning walk. I lengthened my gait, increased the tempo of my stride, held my head just a little higher, thrust my jaw forward, swung my arms a little more determinedly and definitely, definitely mumbled to the universe under my breath.

Yesterday might have been a hurdle, but today I was going to show that hurdle just how high I could jump. I sat down and re-read all the goals I had written down before I started this little journey. Goals are important when you venture into the land of Raw, they remind you what you are aiming for. They help you navigate the over abundant obstacles of cabbage and carrot and kale. They remind you why you started this crazy little journey in the first place. They set you straight.

I went to yoga and did the 90 minute class instead of the 60 minute class. Yes, I was going to get as much stinky sweat out of me as I could before thrusting my jaw in the general direction of the universe again and mumbling 'look here buddy, I will win'.

And now I'm going to celebrate.

Why? Because today I looked frustration and weakness and anger and lethargy in the face and I out-stared all of them.

Why? Because I can, simple as that.

Why you ask? Because in the words of Maya Angelou - I am woman, Phenomenal Woman. http://www.feminist.com/resources/artspeech/insp/maya.htm

(Photo by Robby M - Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment