Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

DAY 37... I cheated...


Okay, so it was a little cheat. A tiny transgression. It was so little that if I hadn't written about it, I'm not sure the universe would have noticed. But, I promised honesty, I promised accountability and that's what I'm going to give you. So... I cheated.

Last night, I had to make a raw curry - and I've got to tell you, it was delicious - but I didn't have coconut water. Okay, you can call it an excuse, but you tell me where I'm going to get a coconut in Canada in winter?

And I know you'll say 'but you're having an early spring' and you would be right, but the coconuts don't know that. And the people who buy the coconuts didn't know that was coming, so they didn't prepare in time. And the coconuts are saying 'c'mon, it's hard enough for us to have to get to Canada anyway, can't you give us a few more weeks on the beach in the sun and then we'll be ready for the trip?'. Either way, I couldn't find a coconut or coconut water, or raw water made partially from coconuts or anything like that. Maybe I was supposed to find some fresh coconut flesh and cut it and pound it and extract some water drop by drop.

But, I didn't. No, I walked over to my pantry and after much deliberation (okay, a little deliberation, I was hungry!) I pulled out a can - I know, a CAN, horrors - and I used some of the coconut milk from said can mixed with water to thin it down.

Now, if there's one thing I know it's that nothing raw comes from a can. And considering I'm doing a raw food cleanse, I will assume the coconut milk was not allowed. I will also assume that even though there were only 3 ingredients listed and even though there was only 1 ingredient I couldn't pronounce (which really means there was only 1 ingredient), that it was still a cheat. You know that the litmus test of eating raw food is a) if it's not in it's natural state, it's not raw and b) if you can't pronounce it, it probably isn't raw - unless it's a Rutabaga, which sounds like it's made up, but isn't.
Either way, I own up, I snuck coconut milk into my curry. And I'm very sorry. I'm not as sorry as I would have been if I'd eaten a whole bag of chips, or if I had nabbed a grande latte, or if I'd opened a bottle of red wine and polished off the whole lot. But, I'm still sorry.

So today I did some extra downward facing dogs in yoga and sweated a little more than normal as penance, and now I'm off for a bit of self flagellation...

See you tomorrow

(Photo courtesy of Andrzej Gdula, Poland)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Passion

    I love your blog. It is funny. But... why are there no details? Like...whats for breakfast, lunch and supper? What if I wanted to try this out... like copy you? Except for the yoga part.
    Anyway, what I realy wanted to ask is.... raw curry??? Please may I have the recipe.
    Will check the top of your blog to see if you post it for me.
    Oh, and I do so hope at the end of it all, at the top of the blog...you tell how much weight you lost over the 40 days.
    Tz

    ReplyDelete