Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

DAY 7... Rain and hot chocolate


Before I get to the hot chocolate, did you see the number in the title?

7 to be exact ..... I'm well into single digits, only 1 more week to go. I can hardly believe it.

When I began this, 40 days sounded like the biggest number in the world. A number that I might never succeed in reaching. It felt like being asked to count to 100 when you are a little kid and your brain can't quite figure out how to get there. And, no matter how hard you try you always get stuck around 20-something because counting to 100 seems like the hardest thing in the world. It is so far away, and so difficult, and the obstacle of three digits seems insurmountable.

That's how 40 felt a few weeks ago. And now, I'm down to a single digit and I feel like I can just see the finish line in the foggy distance. A finish line towards which I am hurtling myself at a ferocious speed.

That being said, it's pouring today. There has been nothing but driving rain since I first opened my eyes this morning. Oh, and grey skies. Rain and grey skies.

I've already been out for two sopping wet walks with my exercise partner. She enjoyed it, I didn't. She doesn't mind being wet, I do.

And now, all I want is a nice big mug of hot chocolate. A big mug I can warm my hands around while I sit next to the fire and watch the rain pour down outside.

Peppermint tea with blue agave just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? But it will have to do. I'm not giving up now silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment