Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 12...I love


Observation Sundays. Taking the time to look back over the week makes such a difference. Especially those weeks when I haven't felt like much has changed, or those weeks I may have been a little ornery (even though that's unusual for me, sometimes it does happen!).

Take yesterday for example. I felt like the week hadn't been that successful until I started writing about it, once I noticed some things had disappeared from my life I realised that it had indeed been a good week. It just didn't develop in the way I had anticipated it would.
And trust me, we always want things to come into our lives, but sometimes things just need to leave our lives instead, that way it creates a space for something new to enter.

The other reason I love Observation Sundays, is because once I've acknowledged my progress - because lets face it, as long as I keep taking the steps, I consider myself to be making progress - it is incentive for me to keep on working hard and to stick with it.

So, this morning, I jumped out of bed at 5:00am - okay, jumped is a bit of an exaggeration, I rolled off the edge, and once I hit the floor woke up pretty quickly - and instead of trying to get back to sleep I went off to my first 6:00am hot yoga class.

I was pretty proud of myself. I've always been a morning person, but for the last few years that has changed and it takes me a long time to get going after waking. Not this morning. By 6:10 I was doing downward facing dog with the rest of the over-enthusiastic crowd. I felt like I'd just been admitted to a club that had previously had its doors closed to me.

But the best thing about it is that by 8:30am, I'd done an hour of yoga, walked the dog, had breakfast and put the washing on. Now that is a great way to start the day. Now, I'm off to build a wooden fence in the backyard. Not bad for a days work.

So you see what a day of observation can do? Yes, it creates little miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment