Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

DAY 6 ... Observations


Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - love it. So, what have I observed this week.

After falling off the yoga bandwagon, I pulled myself up and got right back on. My body might not be thanking me now, but it will down the road. It felt really good to get back into class. I still agree with my decision though - when your body needs a break, you should give it one.

I think I have come back stronger and more focused.

Now that the end is in sight there has been a definite shift in my perspective. I keep thinking, 'Wow, the bulk of this is behind me, what's another few days?'. That's the big thought in my head, the little thought is the same it's been all along - little by little, step by step - I only take it two hours at a time. That makes it feel like anything is possible.

I would like to do more juicing this week. I haven't been doing as much as I had hoped to and I think it will benefit me to get more of those healthy green vegetables into my system without grazing like a cow all day. So, I'll juice.

I just read an article about doing a 36 day juice fast. Wow, I thought 40 days raw was tough, can you imagine only doing juice? I'm not tough enough for that yet.

Another observation this week is that my nails look fantastic. I've always been blessed with strong nails, but the the past few years they have been more brittle than usual. This week I've noticed how strong and healthy they look. And, they are growing like weeds, which in the nail department is a good thing.

I have definitely deviated from the menu. I just got tired of weighing, slicing, blending, chopping, mixing, mashing and everything else. The advantage of this is that I have eaten simple meals and less of them. The disadvantage is that I still need to be vigilant about getting a range of nutrients.

I am more aware of the taste of simple food. This is very exciting for me. When I first went raw, I noticed that so much of what we eat is heavily salted and sugared that everything else starts to taste bland. I had to spice things up with interesting raw dressings and sauces. Now, I still use dressing, but I am more able to taste the different and subtle flavours in the natural foods.


In the meantime, I'll keep counting down to the big numero UNO!

No comments:

Post a Comment